A sudden craving for some chocolate cake and I ended up baking this soft, moist and of course egg less cake using wholewheat flour. This is a no fuss baking with ingredients easily available in the kitchen. A no fail recipe which has rich chocolate flavor and turns out very soft. The recipe is so easy that even a beginner can bake one without any hassles. This is one of the most tried recipe from my blog.
1 1/4 cup wholewheat flour/atta
3/4 cup sugar (you can use 1/2 cup or even 1 cup depending on your taste)
1/4 cup cocoa powder (use a good variety for that dark color)
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Powder the sugar in a mixer grinder. Sieve together flour, salt, cocoa and soda.
Take powdered sugar in a mixing bowl, add milk, oil, vanilla essence to it and whisk properly. Add flour mixture to it and whisk again. Mix everything nicely for 30 to 40 seconds, make sure no lumps are formed. Pour the batter in a greased baking pan and bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
– Replace wholewheat flour with maida if you want.
– OVER MIXING results in a dense cake. So don’t mix the batter too much after adding flour to it. 30 to 40 second max.
– Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking.
– You can add some chocolate chips to the batter too, it makes it extra rich and delicious. Toss chocolate chips in little flour before adding it to the batter.
– All the ovens are different so baking time and temperature may vary.